My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

I am an avid book reader. I prefer to read books by Indian authors or books set in India. I am also very interested in the Hindu religion/philosophy, so I do quite a bit of reading in that area. I also enjoy attending my local Hindu temple. It is so beautiful there, and the people are so gracious. They also serve delicious food. It is served with such love it is a joy to partake. I also am a real armchair traveller, so travel literature is a real favorite . I have also become a practising Buddhist, so I do a tremendous amount of studying, which I love. I enjoy going to my local Buddhist temple for study and meditation. Just to walk into the shrine room and see the beautiful serene statue of Buddha is very calming. I am also attending Yoga classes regularly, which I enjoy very much.I am also trying to improve my meditation.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Bilawal Bhutto My Prayers Are With This Young Man



I fold my hands in Prayer to this young man. May he follow well in his Mother's footsteps.

9 Comments:

Blogger hellomelissa said...

only 19! so young! so many hopes rest on him.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

You are so right, he is so young. I believe he had just finished his first term at Oxford. Be interesting to see what happens from this point.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Lotus Reads said...

Hi, Sylvia!

I've been reading the news in Tibet and you're one of the first people that came to mind. How awful the situation is and while non-violence is such a great concept...does it really work?

Hope you are well?

*hugs*

12:05 PM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Anjali:

Thanks for the visit, nice to hear from you.
The news from Tibet is so sad. So much violence. As a practising Buddhist I really believe in the concept of non violence, true peace to my mind can never be achieved with more violence. I think Iraq, Afghanistan and other places in the middle east are proof of that.I am so sickened by the Chinese, I am doing my level best to avoid all Chinese made products. To support such thugs really goes against my beliefs. How peace can ever be achieved by smashing the heads of Monks with rifle butts is beyond me.To accuse His Holiness of instigating this uprising makes me really wonder "what is in their drinking water"

On a lighter note, I have visited your blog, but I am having trouble leaving a message. For some reason my blog does not want to recognize my password. Hopefully this will work......

5:22 AM  
Anonymous SexyGirlDensy said...

Free Premium Rapidshare Account
You are being provided with free premium rapidshare acccount as part of contest. Total rapidshare account are five and I put them in a file which is password protected and is one MB(1 MB) the password would we released here only on any given day in next fifteen days.You can download this file before its deleted DOWNLOAD

10:52 PM  
Blogger jaya said...

I learned more about friendship and friends online in your blog and I need to get more friends thorugh you blog to my social networking website and Online friends community to get more entertainment with online friends.





Indian Friends Online Community


Social Network website


Make Money Online

2:41 AM  
Blogger Mr.Cheap Price said...

Shopping online with Amazon Products,Books
Online Shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magacines, music, DVDS, Vedeos, electronics, computer, software,apparel & accessories, shoes, etc.

10:24 PM  
Blogger buybooksonline24x7 said...

Buy Books Online 24x7. Visit http://www.buybooksonline24x7.com

2:32 AM  
Blogger kolkataflowersgifts said...

The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From www.rightgadgets.in

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home