My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

I am an avid book reader. I prefer to read books by Indian authors or books set in India. I am also very interested in the Hindu religion/philosophy, so I do quite a bit of reading in that area. I also enjoy attending my local Hindu temple. It is so beautiful there, and the people are so gracious. They also serve delicious food. It is served with such love it is a joy to partake. I also am a real armchair traveller, so travel literature is a real favorite . I have also become a practising Buddhist, so I do a tremendous amount of studying, which I love. I enjoy going to my local Buddhist temple for study and meditation. Just to walk into the shrine room and see the beautiful serene statue of Buddha is very calming. I am also attending Yoga classes regularly, which I enjoy very much.I am also trying to improve my meditation.

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Dalai Lama Is Coming To Ottawa



This beautiful, gentle, peace loving man will be here Sunday, (Oct 28)and I will be attending his teaching. This will be the second time I have seen His Holiness and I am so excited.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sanjay said...

Sylvia Yay! I am so happy for you. He is an amazing man and I have only seen him on TV. His response to China after the US gave him their highest civilian award was a profile in courage and grace, something all of us could learn from (including the US).

7:07 AM  
Blogger Lotus Reads said...

Hi, Sylvia!

I am soooo excited for you! I know you will benefit so much from seeing him and hearing him speak. How I wish I could go with you...I would love to see him. Like Sanjay, I have only ever seen him on TV. He has such an aura about him, lucky,lucky you!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Sanjay & Anjali:

This will be the second time I have seen HH. The first teaching I went to was when he was last in Ottawa about 4 years ago. I cannot explain the magic I felt just to be in his presence. One did not need to be up close. I just closed my eyes and absorbed his teaching with that wonderful way he has of capturing your spirit. The positive love and energy that was alive in the hall was amazing. I came away from that teaching knowing that my path to follow the teachings of the Buddha was the right one. I felt and know without a shadow of a doubt, my life was changed forever.

Shortly after that I wrote to His Holiness, expressing how I felt. He sent me not one but two autographed photo's. I have them framed. One by my bed, the other above my altar. I know he did not send them personally, but the fact of how much his staff care about his followers is evident in the gracious emails I receive from time to time. I truly feel so very blessed.

9:29 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

fantastic! have an enlightening experience.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Lotus Reads said...

hi, Sylvia

I thought so much about you yesterday. How was the talk? The Prime Minister meeting the Dalai Lama at the expense of disapproval from the Chinese made all the headlines yesterday.

He is in Toronto this morning to open the Tibetan-Canadian Cultural Center...I will definitely visit after the crowds disperse a little.

I would love to know more about Buddhism, it merges so nicely with science that I am not surprised that more and more people all over the world are finding its principles so relevant.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home