My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

I am an avid book reader. I prefer to read books by Indian authors or books set in India. I am also very interested in the Hindu religion/philosophy, so I do quite a bit of reading in that area. I also enjoy attending my local Hindu temple. It is so beautiful there, and the people are so gracious. They also serve delicious food. It is served with such love it is a joy to partake. I also am a real armchair traveller, so travel literature is a real favorite . I have also become a practising Buddhist, so I do a tremendous amount of studying, which I love. I enjoy going to my local Buddhist temple for study and meditation. Just to walk into the shrine room and see the beautiful serene statue of Buddha is very calming. I am also attending Yoga classes regularly, which I enjoy very much.I am also trying to improve my meditation.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Art of Power, by Thich Nhat Hanh


Together with the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh is my favorite, most beloved author. I read and cherish all his teachings. He speaks directly to my heart. No matter how bad a day I might be having, I can just read some of his words, or look at his picture on my altar, and I am immediately calm. A wonderful beautiful man.

This book was a treasure to read. As I devoured each and every page, it was if he was speaking directly to me.

"Thich Nhat Hanh illustrates how our current understanding of power leads us on a never ending search for external markers like job title or salary. This meā€“first approach to life may have originated in the business world, but the stress, fear and anxiety it causes are being felt by all of us everyday.

The words of this beautiful gentle Monk teaches us that true power comes from within and that what we seek we already have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lotus Reads said...

This book was a treasure to read. As I devoured each and every page, it was if he was speaking directly to me.

Sylvia, I am glad this was such a wonderful reading experience for you. I haven't read anything by Thich Nhat Hanh but I know he is a wise and spiritual man and anything he has to say is worthy of attention.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Anjali, you are so right. If only top leaders would not only listen, but act upon his words. We would be on the path to a more peaceful world.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home