My Photo
Name:
Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

I am an avid book reader. I prefer to read books by Indian authors or books set in India. I am also very interested in the Hindu religion/philosophy, so I do quite a bit of reading in that area. I also enjoy attending my local Hindu temple. It is so beautiful there, and the people are so gracious. They also serve delicious food. It is served with such love it is a joy to partake. I also am a real armchair traveller, so travel literature is a real favorite . I have also become a practising Buddhist, so I do a tremendous amount of studying, which I love. I enjoy going to my local Buddhist temple for study and meditation. Just to walk into the shrine room and see the beautiful serene statue of Buddha is very calming. I am also attending Yoga classes regularly, which I enjoy very much.I am also trying to improve my meditation.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Winter Classics Challenge








The Good Earth
by
Pearl S Buck




Kim
by
Rudyard Kipling




Out Of Africa
by
Karen Blixen




The Moonstone
by
Wilkie Collins




Yoga Sutra
by
Geshe Michael Roache


10 Comments:

Blogger booklogged said...

So happy to have you join in the challenge, Hollydolly. Love your list. I would like to read most of them - maybe next year. I have read The Good Earth, but it was years and years ago. It would be a good one to reread. I loved it.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Orange Blossom Goddess (aka Heather) said...

Wonderful list! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on them. Enjoy!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lotus Reads said...

Hey Sylvia!

I'm doing "The Good Earth" and "Kim", too and I know atleast 2 other people also reading "The Good Earth" and one other that's doing "Kim", so we should have some good discussions going!

I cannot wait to read your thoughts on "The Yoga Sutra", I read the blurb and it sounds fascinating!

Great picks!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Literary Feline said...

So many great choices! Good luck with the challenge!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Lazy cow said...

I'm currently reading Out of Africa and finding it very interesting. Certainly better than the movie (but I always say that anyway!) Good luck with the challenge.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Hello Booklogged
I too am looking forward to reading "The Good Earth".Such lovely reviews from people who have read it. This challenge is going to be fun.

Sylvia.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Hi Heather:

It will be fun to read and comment on our choices. Really exciting how a book can leave so many different impressions with readers. Going to drop by your blog now to see what you are up to.

Sylvia.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Hey Anjali.
I'm excited to get to both "The Good Earth" and "Kim". Have had both for some time now, languishing on my shelf. So happy you are reading them too.
I recently picked up "Yoga Sutras" just glancing through I know I am going to enjoy it. I agree there are going to be some great discussions on our book choices. Whoo Hooo....

11:18 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Thank you Literary Feline for you kind comments and for stopping by.

Sylvia.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Hollydolly said...

Hi Lazy Cow.
Glad you are enjoying "Out of Africa" be interested in your comments when you finish the book. I quite liked the movie.
BTW, love the picture of your dog, such beautiful ears......thanks for stopping by.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home